On 16th October 2019 SACU held a panel discussion to mark the 70th anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China with an evening reflecting on China’s past achievements and future challenges. More than 70 SACU members, friends and King’s College London students joined us for a stimulating evening of presentations and discussion with our expert panel.
Panel of speakers:
- Minister Counsellor Wang Qi: we were honoured to have him join us from the Chinese Embassy
- Dr Jenny Clegg: SACU Vice President, independent writer and researcher, author and China specialist speaker
- Dr Sun Xin: Lecturer in Chinese and East Asian Business at King’s College London
- Professor Martin Albrow: SACU member and eminent sociologist and author of many books including China’s Role in a Shared Human Future
Chair of the Panel:
- Dr Frances Wood: SACU Vice President, former Head of the Chinese Collections at The British Library and renowned expert on China who has written many books
Photo Display: We also showed a special exhibition of rolling photos from SACU’s Archives which was prepared by SACU member Dr Linxi Li. We are currently seeking funding to develop and research SACU’s unique archive.
Our event was held with the Lau China Institute at King’s College London in the Strand and SACU is grateful for the support of the Lau China Institute for the provision of the venue and refreshments.
Coming soon – please revisit this page for our report and a link to our video of the evening.
See the report published by the Chinese Embassy here: http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk/eng/EmbassyNews/t1710195.htm